One-hundred-year-old Aslan, the head of a death squad in youth, is living with his other single old fellows in a remote village. Since he came to the village 45 years ago, nobody has ever died in the village! Now, most of the population are old and disabled men. All being done with life; they believe the only way to bring death back to the village is to commit suicide!
Born in 1978 in Ardabil, Reza Jamali is a graduate of filmmaking. He has made many short films which took part in national and international film festivals and won many awards. OLD MEN NEVER DIE is his debut feature film.
Old Men Never Die
Festivals and Awards
- 32nd Tokyo International Film Festival, October 28 - November 5 2019, Tokyo – Japan (Asian Future Competition Section) Winner of “THE SPIRIT OF ASIA AWARD”
- 9th Iranian Film Festival Australia, 24 October – 20 November 2019, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra – Australia
- 50th International Film Festival of India, 20 - 28 November 2019, Goa – India (World Panorama Section)
- Cyrus Int’l Film Festival, 22 – 28 November 2019, Toronto – Canada (Winner of Special Commendation of Jury)
- Smithsonian Institution, 19th January 2020, Washington – USA
- Museum of Fine Arts Boston, 16 – 26 January 2020, Boston - USA
- AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center, 28th January 2020, Maryland - USA